Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

19 Month old having loose stool is she allergic to milk?

My daughter for over a month has been having loose stool sometimes 1 a day sometimes up to 4 times a day. But is isn't normal ist loose. It's driving me crazy i'm just hoping there isn't anything wrong. what do you think? I was thinking maybe she is allergic to milk i don't know. I know a good 3 or 4 months ago she keep spitting up so i took milk away for a week and it stopped the i gave it back to her and has been fine besides this loose stool problem.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 14th, 2012
I would say yes. I'm in New Zealand where we have a HIGH rate of dairy allergy and it sounds like the info a dr here would hear and put you onto a dairy free diet. Both my boys are dairy free. They would spill alot as babies and had relux. I dont know how old she is or if you can get it where you are, but we have neocate here which is a full dairy free formula. There is a high chance if its a dairy allergy that she wuold also have a soy allergy, so if she's older and not having formula stay away from soy and try something like a rice milk or almond milk. Good luck, and I hope if you try it it works for you. Its a simple fix if she is as it becomes so normal very quick to just avoid it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply