Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

19 month old drinking excessively

User Profile
My daughter is 19 months old she is drinks a crazy amount of water juice and milk. its nothing for her to drink 84 oz a day. I thought that maybe she was just drinking out of habbit so I cut down her fluid intake the other day around 7 pm I caught her drinking out of the LOO! I was shocked. I am wondering what her chances are of having Diabetes?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I would definitely take her to the pediatrician to have her urine checked. Is she urinating excessively too? My son was 21 months old when he was diagnosed with diabetes and he was chugging down juice and water like nothing. He would also wake up every morning with his bed soaked, even though we'd changed his diaper right before we went to bed. If you suspect diabetes, get it checked out. The longer you wait, if it is diabetes, the sicker she will get - kids can end up REALLY sick if it isn't diagnosed quickly. Good luck - I certainly hope it isn't diabetes.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....