Medical Questions > Parenting > Single Parents Forum

11 month grandson was given to my son

My son 23 and his girlfriend 19 broke up and she gave him their son. They wrote a paper stating my son has the baby Monday to Friday at 5 pm and she gets him from Friday at 5 pm to Sunday. He has done 80% of the parenting since the baby was born. They live in 2 different counties and she wants my son to do all the running to bring the baby to her and return of the baby to him. The paper was not notarized but her grandmom witnessed and signed the agreement. I want my son to get some kind of custody to protect himself so she can't decide to take the baby back and not let my son have him again. What do we do? We don't want to lose the baby but he wants her to still have a relationship with the baby.We live in pa
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 13th, 2010
Experienced User
A good family attorney will be able to help you. They can file all the paperwork for custody and as long as they word it like the original paperwork it should be ok. The lawyer will tell you exactly what to do to have a better chance of getting custody. Sounds like right now the mom is doing a shared parenting or joint custody agreement with him but given the amount of time the baby spends with your son the courts are more likely to give him full custody and her visitation every weekend.
|
Did you find this post helpful?