User Profile
On 3/27 I started to feel like I was coming down with something. I was tachycardic and having bad heart palpitations. I felt not myself and felt my body was at war.

I had mono spot done on 3/28 which was negative.

Only symptoms I have is that I feel very fatigued and feel drained of energy. No fever. No chills. No sore throat. No vomiting.

I feel a little better but still EXTREMELY FATIGUED.

I logged onto my health chart for my local hospital and saw EBV tests came back and they are as follows:

EBV Early Antigen IgG ab - negative
EBV Capsid ag IgM ab - negative
EBV Nuclear ag ab - 389
EBV Capsid ag IgG ab - 254

Any idea what this means in terms of severity, duration etc? Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2018
Mononucleosis Answer A63587
The epstein barr virus serology report you stated is negative. The last two antibody titres need to be correlated with the cut off titres of the lab for a positive result as different labs have different cut off values. Upload the lab result if possible.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Heart Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mononucleosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.