Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Mononucleosis anxiety nausea panic attacks

Hey guys 31 years old here from Italy.

I've been struggling from 16th of November it's a been a month and a few days, it all started by a heavy sense of fatigue which didn't let me go out in the first three days then I started having intermittent fever and sweating after a few days I figured my laterocervical lymphs were swollen on the right side it scared me cuz I'd never seen my lymphs swollen so I started searching on the Internet and you know alot of bad things came out...

I went to my doctor asked him for blood exams and he said we must check the liver enzymes I told him about my extreme fatigue sweating fever a bit of myalgia and pain on the top left quadrant of my abdomen I knew it was splenomegalia but he ignored this us so it helped me stay in a constant fearful situation I did my blood exams and my liver enzymes were ok so iron and etc I had neutropenia which made me think of mono but he insisted that it was something genetic which I didn't agree with as I donate blood. He asked me to go back to him in 2 weeks!!! So we would redo the blood exams!!!

I was so afraid all the time I was feeling like crap for 10 days no diagnosis no treatment, oh he gave me amoxicilin (what a duuumb)...
I started feeling my left laterocervical lymphs swollen too and I found out that all over my body my lymphs were swollen.

I was so afraid that after two days I went to another doctor and she said that I was right that I had to do mono blood exams I had started having pain all over my chest head foggy head nausea vomit panic attack constant anxiety and I started having light tingling in my middle finger and under my left foot I also felt pins too sometimes itchy... After one day I had the results and I had IgM positive but IgG negative it made me so happy that I started smiling after 20 days!
She said just give it the enough time to go away....

I'm still here nauseated I vomit my dinner every other day I'm always anxious specially after 2-3 pm I feel like someone's pushing against my neck, weird feelings behind my neck, sometimes headaches, the fatigue is 70% of the initial fatigue, I'm always scared that something worse will happen to me you know all the rare complications... I'm afraid... My lymphs are so small on the right side of the neck, the left ones are bigger but they're getting smaller...

I feel so hypochondriac these days I feel like I've depression too.. When I feel good I go walking around the sea but lately it's been so windy cold and rainy and on those days I feel real awful... I live on my own and I'm totally isolated, I don't go to friends because of these anxiety attacks and they don't understand me they might think I'm exaggerating...I'm just fed up I'm known to my friends as the hyperactive rat but now I feel I've no energy and so down... I've lost like 12 pounds in one month.

What do you guys do to feel better? Any advice? Any medicines? I've not taken any... Any natural remedies??? My legs sometimes ache, muscles (gastrocnemius) and above these muscles behind my knee it's swollen...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2016
Experienced User
Symptoms resolve with time but are greatly exacerbated by anxiety. Highly recommend an anxiety medication until your physical symptoms dissipate. You finally have a confirmed diagnosis, so this should offer some peace of mind. Mono resolves slowly, so don't be surprised if you still have ups and downs 6 months from now.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...