Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Mononucleosis and allergic conjunctivitis

User Profile
I have been diagnosed with mono. Fely really bad for 6 months now mono came back positive 4 weeks ago. Dr. said IgG levels were high maty have had mono several times before. Now my issue id my face and eyes feel like I have an allergy or something in them. Always burning and trouble opening eyes squinting all the time. This leads to lack of focus and dizzy feeling. Is this associated with the mono? Is there a possible infection somewhere else? Blood work on WBC CBC and RBC good just burning face and burning eyes.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2010
Mononucleosis Answer A10532
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know whether the symptoms that you experience are connected with mononucleosis.

Eye infections are presented with itchiness, squinting, inability to open the eyes in the morning due to dry pus on the eyelids, redness of the white part of the eyeball, swelling of he eyelids, etc. Allergic conjunctivitis is characterized with itchiness, redness of the conjunctiva and tears. These two conditions are not connected anyhow with mononucleosis.

Given the data that you described, you may be experiencing one of the two conditions listed above. See an ophthalmologist for further diagnosis and treatment options.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as an ophthalmologist for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mononucleosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.