ive been diagnosed with mono 2 weeks ago and i feel great at the moment.. ive been feeling like this for a week now without taking any medicine anymore.. is it possible that im not that contagious anymore since the symptoms didnt last to long for me??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 21st, 2009
Hi, I don't know how long you were told to take your medication for but its really important you finish it as that tends to be the common mistake- people usually start feeling better before finishing theirmedication and stop taking it. It is possible that you don't have mono anymore but not certain which is why they usually tell you to finish taking the medication. By not finishing it you are risking that the "weak bacteria/ virus" has been killed off but the "stronger ones" are still in your body. I would suggest you get it checked out again just to make sure it is gone.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...