Hello all.

Ive been reading through the old messages and the info there has been very helpful. Im a 41yr old father of 3 - I came down with fatigue symptoms about 6-8 weeks ago. I went to my doctor and after some run around I got a phone call that i had Mono. Now my daughter 13yrs old had Mono this spring. I suppose i have never been exposed to it and therefore picked it up. (Terrible habit of drinking out of my kids glasses.)
That leads me to where im at now and where i have been for the past 2 months or so. * FATIGUE * ugh its awful. Up until i started feeling fatigued i was working out, running, eating healthy ect ect. Low body fat percentage - in pretty good shape really.
The odd thing about this is that the FATIGUE is really the ONLY symptom i have had. Is this strange??? Upon awakining each morning i do really good until i hit 1-2pm then get that "beatin up" feeling all over my muscles (no fever though) and a pressure behind my eyes that makes me feel sleepy. I go home and sleep for an hour or 2 then im pretty good till bedtime - 10p.
Very odd as im not fatigued all the time.
I was wondering if anyone's fatigue resembles this.
Also please tell me there IS HOPE that my body will somehow put this into remission. Not everyone who gets this has it chronically i know - just seems that alot of whats on the internet is cases of chronic Mono (or EBV).
I ordered Lauricidin after doing some research. Lauricidin is a concentrated mini-pellet of sn1 monolaurin. It wasnt very expensive and is giving me some sense of hope (maybe false i know). Has anyone tried this?
I go back for a follow up to my doctor this monday. Anything you suggest i should ask specifically?
Thanks for taking the time to read. I wish you all well and pray for some relief to all the suffering.

Regards and God Bless...
Mike
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The feeling of "beaten up", can be unrelated to your recent mono infection.
We all have our internal circadian biological clock,that regulates the timing of periods of sleepiness and wakefulness throughout the day.
This circadian rhythm dips and rises at different times of the day, so, the strongest sleep drive generally occurs between 2:00-4:00 am and in the afternoon between 1:00-3:00 pm.

Mononucleosis fatigue should resolve in a period of 2 weeks to 4 months (some patients complain of fatigue till a year) since the acute phase of infection.
That kind of fatigue is constant.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...