Hello,

Recently I shared a drink with someone who was unsure as to whether or not he had mononucleosis. It was a high-alcohol content beverage (whiskey) and I am wondering if the virus could survive in such conditions. I do not feel the symptoms of fatigue or headache, but I do have a sore throat. I understand that this is probably only the onset of a cold, but I would appreciate an answer for piece of mind's sake.

Cheers
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2008
Supporter
Symptoms of mono
The mono virus spreads through saliva and would not be killed by alcohol. A blood test can show if you have mono so I suggest that you see your family physician aget tested if you start noticing these symptoms of mono:

* Fever
* Sore throat
* Swollen lymph glands
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...