Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Mono Dizziness and Fatigue but no fever

Hello,
I'm 31 and have had mono for 9 weeks now. Lots of dizziness + wooziness, and tested posistive in mid April for an acute mono infection. I also had bad allergies + asthma in may which triggered some set backs.

Last week was just starting to feel a bit fresher, but got a little sunburn on Saturday, was in the heat, etc and boom I'm back 3-4 days of feeling ill.

I never really had a bad sore throat or fever, just lots of the above symptoms, general malaise, etc.

How long can this last for? This feels like sort of a unique set of symptoms for mono, but some people in the forum seem to have a similar experience.

Please let me know if this sounds at all consistent with mono. I have had a battery of other blood work + physical tests, and they say I'm healthy besides the mono.

Thanks,
Michael
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 16th, 2009
hi, I have mono too and I was just diagnosed 2 days ago but I seem to only have a bad cough, very mild sore throat, runny nose, and a low fever (99-101) that goes on and off, and a pain in my abdominal area. I keep reading of all of these horrible sore throats, being extremely tired, but I don't seem to have those symptoms. Does mono get worse before it gets better or is my case only going to last for a few days?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...