Hi, my blood test just came back and showed that I am positive for Mono. But the only thing that is weird to me is that I have absolutely no fatigue or fever. I am actually sort of high energy (I was playing DDR until I found out it was probably in my best interest to not) and my current temperature is even a little lower than 98.6. My only symptom is a horrible sore throat.

I definitely am glad that I have no fatigue or fever, but I'm wonder why? Any insight?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2008
Supporter
A blood test can show if you have mono...and even then, all of the symptoms might NOT be present. Consider yourself lucky! But beware, also. You may feel tired for a few months after the diagnosis. Just keep an eye out and be sure to get lots of rest.
|
Users who thank rooted for this post: xlamb 

replied March 11th, 2009
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had only a small amount of fatigue but i was working two jobs. The only reason I went to the doctor was because my family noticed how swollen my neck looked from my lymph nodes. If you over do it you can get the more extreme symptoms so like rooted said, take it easy for a little while to be on the same side.
|
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...