Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

Mom thanks I can get in collage!!

My mom has never really been in my life due to alcohol and drugs.
And Ive pretty much always lived with my grandparents.
But my mom has full costudy of me.

I need to get finacail aid to get into collage.
But they need tax info and stuff from your full gardian.
And she wont talk to me EVER. So I dont know what to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2008
Supporter
Would your grandparents talk to her for you about it?
|

replied July 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
sorry i should have been more specific.
My family moved to mayer.
and my mom still lives in Phx.

She only texts me I love you once ever few months
if we call she will not pick up.
if we text she will not reply.
if we go down there... she avoids us.
shes just very hard to get in contact with.
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2008
Supporter
Well the only thing I can suggest is calling financial aid and asking them what you can do about this situation.
|

replied July 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
for some reason I thought that there was a section for if you didn't live with your mother or father but you had a guardian? And there was a sectionwhere you could fill out your guardians taxes? Am i just imagining this? Most of my financial aid stuff is saved so the only part I fill out yearly is the taxes that change and I dont really pay attention to anything else...so I can't remember if thats the case or not.. that financial aid thing is a PAIN...
go out for scholarships and grants instead! There are TONS out there, so If you cant get financial aid, you might have to work alittle harder but theres other ways to get money for school! I know alot of them make you do essays and stuff...but just thought I'd throw that out there
|

replied July 4th, 2008
Experienced User
my mom is my guardian.
But she is an addict and isnt ever hard to get into contact.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2008
Supporter
did u try calling finanical aid? maybe they'll let you use your grandparents. idk, it doesn't hurt to try.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2008
Experienced User
That totally sucks and I know what you're going through. My parents raised me, and it's a long and messed up story, but they completely REFUSED to give me their tax information so that I could get finanical aid. My dad always nagged me about going to college, but when the time came he did absoultely nothing to help. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be 25 years old and then you don't need your parents tax info. I'm just waiting until then. Here's some advice though: I did go one semester on my own (community college was all I could afford), I was working and saved back as much money as I could for about 7 months, and then when the next semester rolled around I was able to go to school. That doesn't always work, though. All I can really tell you is to try to hold out, save money or see if you can use your grandparents info since they ARE raising you and finanicaly responsible for you. Good luck.
|

replied July 9th, 2008
Experienced User
yeah. i tried. faincial place said only parents will work
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2008
Experienced User
Sorry to hear that. I can't think of anything else to tell you except what I had said before, try saving some money and doing it the hard way. You will have much more respect for yourself having done it on your own, and you will have earned it. Believe me, I really want to be in college right now, it's like a dream to me. But, things don't always work out the way we plan. It's better to go to college later than never ya know? I thought that I was like a looser because here I am 24 years old and I should have graduated college by now and I'm just starting out. That doesn't mean anything though. As long as you still have the drive and ambition, you can do it at any age. Keep up the hope and don't give up on yourself. =)
|
Tags: aid
Quick Reply