User Profile
I'm a 28 year old male - fit and active, exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet.
Over the past 18 months I have been run down for a week or more with cold & flu symptoms 4-5 times.
For the past 4-6 weeks I have been feeling brain fog, dizziness, fatigue, and in the last week cold & flu symptoms have returned.
3 weeks ago I had a blood test which showed my Iron levels were high.
I had a hemochromatosis test which came back negative, and a follow up blood test has shown Iron back to normal.
Potential cause: About 18 months ago, a storm damaged the roof of our house and walls which resulted in the plasterboard becoming moldy. All 3 bedrooms were affected, and the room stunk like mold for some time.
My room had no plaster replaced - instead, an industrial fan was placed in the room to try to draw out the moisture but some mould and the occasional smell still remains.
Could the exposure to mold in the walls in my bedroom be causing these symptoms?
Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2017
Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Answer A62638
Welcome to e health forum.

It is not possible to provide answers to the cause of your symptoms just based on your history.

A few blood tests - complete blood count, peripheral blood smear, renal and liver functions, thyroid function tests, etc can be done which can help in making a proper diagnosis.

Hence consult your doctor who can help you properly.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.