Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

mohs surgery on cheek results in keloid scar and hard bubble

I have developed a keloid scar on my cheek which persists after 6 months of post surgery for squamos cell cancer.What can be done to remedy this disfigurement which the surgeon trying cortisone injections to no avail?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2012
I had a mole removed - which resulted in a huge and unsightly keloid scar. Quite painful aren't they? I had it removed because it developed cancerous cells.

Before I had it removed I used a product called Terproline Professional. I highly recommend it and it isn't as painful as the injections.

Good luck Smile
|

replied May 25th, 2012
Oh also... You could try Dermapen. Its similar to dermal rollering but more effective Smile
|
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....