I had Mohs surgery on 8/14 to remove a basil cell cancer from my forehead. The wound is now open and covered and I'm weighing my options for repair. It's about the size of a silver dollar. It does seem to be closing/shrinking from all sides, albeit ever so slowly. What are the advantages/disadvantages of waiting for it to continue to close before doing a skin graft or skin flap? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Wound healing when the skin repairs itself is a complex process that takes up to a month to be completed.
During this period it is important to perform wound care daily to encourage wound debris removal to allow for granulation tissue formation and to keep wound from infection (wound infection slows the healing process greatly).
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....