Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

20 mo's teeth completely broken down upto the gum line

User Profile
Hello, I would like to ask a question regarding my daughter.

She is 20 months old, and has fallen many times, and has broken down the upper 4 tooth (incisors), and is not able to chew her food. The tooth has completely broken down upto the gum line. any advice ?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2014
Gallbladder Disease Answer A47961
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding your daughter's fractured baby incisor teeth.

Treatment for the broken teeth depends on the class of fracture. Class 1 involves chips or fractures in the outer enamel layer and class 2 involves fractures into the dentin layer. Class 3 and 4 are into the pulp and root.

For class 1, smoothening and composite filling (bonding) may be done. Class 2 large fracture may eventually need a crown or porcelain facing and class 3 may need a root canal. However treatment depends on the age, condition of tooth etc. Most of the incisor teeth fall off by the age of seven. So my sincere suggestion is to get her evaluated from a dentist to discuss the best treatment option.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: tooth, food
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.