Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

34 mm x 13 mm spiculated lesion

I am a 42 yr old female who has smoked for over 20 years. I have a 34mm x 11mm spiculated tumor in my r lung and I beleive there is also a nodule in neck somewhere. I do not have insurance...can anyone tell me how serious this is and what the next steps will be and if there are ways to get treatment w/out insurance?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to EHEALTH forum!
Lung lesion with an irregular spiculated border and a diameter larger than 3 cm (30 mm) are regarded as suspicious for cancer.
The nodule in your neck is probably swollen lymph node that could be affected by the process in your lung (when a cancer begins to spread around the body, it may first spread to nearby lymph nodes, which become swollen).

Where is the tumor localized exactly?
Is it available for performing biopsy?
What kind of symptoms you are experiencing?

There are usually some cancer programs that can help you get the adequate treatment, but they need confirmed diagnosis of cancer.
Where you come from ?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....