Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

12 mm pineal cyst on 10 year old male

looking my 10 year old son was diagnosed through mri that he has a 12 mm pineal cyst with some mass effect upon the roof of the cereberal aqueduct. looking Can anyone help me with this diagnosis. Our apt. with our neurosurgeon is thursday of next week. That's a long ways from now. Any help would be greatly appreciated i've looked everywhere for answers. Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2011
Is you water fluoridated? Recent studies show fluoride accumulates in the pineal gland. You may want to read my article ucts-to-awaken-kundalini/cltymu42/14_fotdl /. Make sure he isn't using fluoride products at all. Some kids swallow their fluoride toothpaste or mouthwash. Packaging of these products include a warning that if swallowed call poison control! Do not give this to kids then!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Pineal cysts are benign. More than 5mm usually causes compression of cerebral aqueduct. Neurosurgical intervention is needed in your case.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: male, diagnosis, mri
Quick Reply
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.