Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

6mm cancerous tumor on appendix removed, more lumps...

User Profile
3 weeks ago I had my appendix removed. When it was removed, a 6mm cancerous tumor was found on the tip. I found a lump around the groin area, under the skin. It is about 1cm and hard. It does not hurt but I have been having pain in the testicle and low abdomen. I would like to know if this could be related to my surgery or the tumor that was found on my appendix? Also I have been experiencing some rapid weight loss. Almost 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I thought it was due to the surgery, but I lost almost 3 lbs in one day with out even trying. No idea what is going on. Any help would be great.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2012
Cancers Answer A32232
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The lump in the groin could be a enlarged lymph node - associated with inflammation associated with the healing process. Anti inflammatory medications like advil or motrin will help in relieving the inflammation and the swelling.

The rate of your weight loss and your symptoms do indicate, that you do need additional investigation and help.

First you need to consult with your doctors who did the surgery, to provide you the histopathological report of the specimen biopsied after the surgery.

Benign tumors of the appendix consist of leiomyomas, neuromas, and lipomas.

Malignant tumors of the appendix include carcinoids, mucoceles, and adenocarcinomas.

The type of tumor, whether benign or malignant, will help in deciding the further course of action.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.