100 mg of B3
100 mg of B6
100 mg of B12
100 mg of biotin
100 mcg of biotin
100 mg of panothenic acid
73 mg of calcium
400 mcg of Folate

The omega 3 fish oil come in 1000 mg tablets.

I was wondering if mixing all of these vitamins may cause some type of cataclysmic results to my kidney, liver or really anything of that nature. Should I not take them or should I take them within a span of every three days? I haven't consulted my doctor about this at all. I'm 16-years-old and I'm 5'0" and about 99-102 lbs. Should I take just one and not the other? Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rouge_regimen
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2009
Supporter
At high dosages B vitamins cause side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, various gastrointestinal symptoms, and vomiting. High dosages of vitamin B may also cause restlessness and insomnia. High doses of vitamin B 6 causes the side effect of peripheral neuropathy. Symptoms of vitamin B 6 toxicity include pain and numbness of the extremities, and in severe cases difficulty walking.

How much vitamin B is necessary? Most of the B-complex in the stores are 50 and 100 mg tablets. The RDA or daily value for most of the common B vitamins such as B1, B2, and B6 is about 2 mg, yet many supplements on the market have 50 to 100 mg of vitamin B, which equates to 10 to 50 times the RDA. We really don't think we need that much. As a general rule, taking a dosage of vitamin B between 2 to 10 mg a day should be fine for most people.

The RDA for calcium for people 14-18 years old is 1,300 mg/day.

The RDA of folates for women 19 years old or women of childbearing age is 300mcg/ 10 lb/day. I will round your weight off to 100 pounds; so you would need 10x300mcg/day or 3,000 mcg/day.

There is no established RDA for omega-3 fatty acids but one site recommends 1,500- 3,000 mg per day depending on diet, weight and genetics.
|
Did you find this post helpful?