In the past month or so, I have been mixing up my words with words close to what I really mean. Like put that in the freezer when I meant refrigerator. or What is the dog doing when I am talking about the cat. As soon as I say something wrong, I know I have done it. Is this an early sign of alzheimer's or some other mental disorder. I am almost 48 and a female. It's starting to freak me out!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 17th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, it does not have to be either alzheimer's or a mental disorder. sounds more like a neurological problem
good luck
|

replied July 28th, 2011
lol my mom does that, sorry ma'am but its just apart of gettin to the big 5.0 (fifty)..nothings wrong.
|

replied July 28th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
suziepoo; while I don't know u; u would know if this is normal, WHAT we all do, or not and especially if pointed out repeatedly by those closest like spouse and family

if u have insurance, then ask dr. but be specific
there r some tests they can do at dr office to help determine if u should need other interpretation

does Alzheimer run in your family
do neurological problems run in family
r parents both alive and what of their health

so if u r over conscientious about this then u will recognize that SO IF IT IS REALLY freaking u out then it is telling u something

best 2u
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....