Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

missed 2 pills in first week pack

User Profile
Hi, Im 22 years old and I'm currently taking Mercilon. I started a new pack on a Monday and on Thursday I forgot to take it and that evening I had sex. I forgot on the Friday too then had sex Saturday morning then remembered I had forgotten and took Fridays pill Saturday afternoon and Saturdays pill Saturday evening. I then continued as normal.

Am I in a danger zone??

Please help

Thank you
LadyJ
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2010
Supporter
Any time you fail to take a pill, you are risk of pregnancy. I suggest you use emergency contraception if it is available in your area and continue to take the pill as directed. In the future, if you miss a pill there are directions for what to do to get yourself back on track. You can find these directions in the information pamphlet that came with your pill pack or by visiting the brands website.
|

User Profile
Hi. Thank you for your answer. I will however not use any form of emergency "contraception" as it is in fact abortion NOT contraception, as the name does suggest ,according to my research. And this is not the right desicion for me.
Thank you
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Actually, emergency contraception is anything but abortion. Do some more research, and use factual sites...
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2010
Supporter
Good grief. I didn't mean for this to turn into a debate about whether "emergency contraception" is contraception or an abortive agent. Take it, don't take it. It does not matter to me.
But since you posted the question and needed help I feel I must add this. If you do not want to become pregnant and you are opposed to abortion, you need to make sure you abstain from sex altogether, get serious about taking the pill as directed, or find some other method that is easier for you to use. Since you consider the fertilized egg a person and are opposed to aborting it, you should also know that continuing to take the pill while pregnant can cause a whole host of problems for the fetus and endanger the pregnancy.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
|

Especially eHealthy
There is nothing strange or mysterious about emergency contraceptives. They are the same as normal birth control pills, just in a higher dose as it is meant to be used on short notice. If you do not have any problems with normal birth control pills, why on earth do you consider emergency contraception an abortive agent. It is the same hormones with exactly the same effects on your body:

* It makes your cervical mucus unfriendly towards sperm
* It tries to prevent ovulation
* It will interfere with the sperm's ability to fertilize the egg
* It will prevent the uterus from enriching the lining to support implantation

These are exactly what your Mercilon does. Exactly.

Do not confuse emergency contraception with the abortion pill (Mifeprex aka RU486).
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thank you.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...