Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Missed periods , clear discharge and acidic odor

User Profile
I have been missing my periods for some months about(3) now and a clearish disscharge and an acidic oder has formed im not pregnant but i dont know why i have been having these problems?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A17782
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Irregular periods with missing periods or having long gaps between periods is indicative of anovulatory cycles or menstrual cycles without egg being released from the ovary. This is also accompanied by changes in hormones and vaginal secretions. The acidic odor could be attributed to these. When you start having regular or periodic egg release from ovary, the cycles change to ovulatory cycles and you start having regular periods as you grow up.
If you have been developing foul smell, itching, burning, rash or discomfort in vagina or labia, then go ahead with getting an examination done by a gynecologist along with a vaginal smear test to look for any infection.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.