Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Missed period after Nuvaring use

I've been using the ring for a couple years now. The way I use it is different though. At the end of the 3 weeks I usually just replace it to put off getting my period for a while. I only do this for 3 months max and then I'll let myself get my period. However, the last time I took the ring out I let myself have my period and then put a new one in a week after my period finished. During that week when I had ended my period and still didn't have my ring it I had unprotected sex. I put my ring in 48 hours after and took it out three weeks later. It's now been a week since I've taken it out and I still have no signs of having my period. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests this week and they have both turned out negitive. Does anyone know if this is normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 10th, 2010
i had the same thing happen on the ring. i was so worried i was pregant and i even got a false postive on one of my tests, so i was freaking out cuz we just had our first baby 3 months ealier. I am sure your alright if you only had it out for 48 hours and put a new one in but if your saying you are 48 hours late putting it in after being our a week, you might want to get a blood test done just to be sure if your worried the at home tests wernt accurate. I had to get a blood test to stop worring and mine was negative. I hope this helps, but to answer your questions YES nuvaring does wired things to your body and they claim its "normal" also you could call the nuvaring hotline and ask. i have had to do that with a few questions i have had about the medication, its quite helpful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...