Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Missed an entire month. Symptoms but negative tests

User Profile
Missed period by an entire month but negative tests. I don't get it! Sad I had my last period on October 14 and I am a regular person on menstrual cycles. I didn't have my period at all this month, November. I am always hungry a lot. At least 3 headaches a day. A little more tired everyday. Always cold with goosebumps and then hot at the same time. Very moody like PMS most of the time. Belly has changed a little. I went to get a urine test at the clinic but it said negative. That was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Today I did a Clear Blue digital pregnancy test and it said NOT PREGNANT. A lot of the time I feel a sharp pain in my tummy like right in the middle by my belly button. I am a little sticky outty with some budge. My butt is getting bigger too. When I walk I feel like my appendix hurts and sometimes when I just stand and or sit down It hurts too. It hurts when I lay on my right side but It feels fine when I lay on my left side. I don't know if I am pregnant or not. I am going nuts! HELP ME! If I am pregnant I am about almost 2 months along.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your symptoms are suggestive of pregnancy. Consider getting examined by your gynecologist/healthcare provider along with blood HCG level test to confirm/rule out pregnancy. Blood HCG levels can detect pregnancy accurately as early as 11 days post conception. Urine tests are known to show false negative results due to less concentration of pregnancy hormone (HCG) in the urine, and hence cannot be relied for accuracy. An ultrasound scan done will confirm the gestational age of the baby and your probable conception date.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.