Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Misdiagnosed vaginal infection

Someone please help me Sad.

I went to India for three weeks and came back with a burning vagina. At first, my doc thought it was vaginitis and gave me antibiotics for that. I took the antibiotics for two weeks and the burning went down to almost nothing. Two days after I had finished my course, burning began to come back. Within the next two days, vaginal opening and vulvar region burnt really bad and was tender to touch as well. I immediately made an appointment with another doctor who after checking me ruled out vaginitis and yeast and decided that it could be a UTI. I gave my urine sample and doc assigned me antibiotics for 10 days. 8 days into the course, I got a call from the doc's office stating that my urine sample did not show any UTI culture and it was 100% clean. Despite that, I finished the 10 day course.

So, I don't have a UTI, I don't have vaginitis, I don't have yeast ...

and once again, after finishing my UTI antibiotic course, I got the burning back. It has been two days since i finished it. There is mild tenderness too which I am hoping wont convert into something as bad as it was last time.

Could it be some worm or parasite that I contracted in India? It can't be a virus (I assume) because antibiotics help subside the symptoms and clear them too ... until I stop taking the meds, that is.

Please give me suggestions. I can't see my doctor for another week because I am on a period and am afraid that this burning is going to get out of hand again. It has already ruined more than a month for me and it's taking over my life! Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
It could be a parasite. What you should probably do in that case is see a homeopathic doctor who should be able to get rid of them effectively. I have known some people with horrible infestations who have effectively taken care of those things with natural treatments.
|

thanks
yes, mominashoe, that's what i think i'd do next. doc gave ANOTHER course of antibiotics .. broad spectrum this time ... i've only taken it for a day ... burning hasnt subsided but it is controlled. i'll finish this 10 day course. if it fails, i'll see a homeopath ... or a naturopath? which one's better?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I'm not sure. My mother had parasites which she found out she had with a homeopathic hair analysis and treament. A friend of hers had parasites from Bolivia...doctors took out her gall bladder and put stints in her...but the homeopathic doctor found out it was the parasites and she got rid of them with the homeopathy.

I can give you information via PM for the one that I use if you are interested.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....