Just to let you know, this is gonna sound kinda gross. I think I might have had a miscarriage. I noticed a week or so ago that I was a bit late for my period. We were concerned so I took a couple at-home pregnancy tests and both came back positive. Cue the freak-out. But then yesterday it seemed that I had started my period, although it was kinda light. Then this afternoon when I went to the restroom, I took my tampon out and a clear sac about an inch long came out along with a little bit of clotting... Then a couple minutes later a lot of blood and clotting along with a rather large piece of greyish red tissue. And now I'm in a bit more pain than I was before... I can't tell if I've had a miscarriage or just had a really heavy period with vaginal tissue. With the pregnancy tests, I'm unsure... Sorry about the graphic details but I'm unable to afford going to the doctor at the moment. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2018
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

If you were late for period and the periods came really heavy (for you based on your regular flow) with tissues, then yes, it could be an early miscarriage. However, to confirm you may need to get a blood test for HCG estimation-blood pregnancy test.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Miscarriage and Stillbirth , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.