I recently did 4 pregnancy tests 3 at night and one in the morning all of them came up positive I went to my local family planning and did one there and that also came up positive (this was 4 days later) I have told everyone who needs to know i am pregnant.

I have started bleeding (I'm now 7 weeks) with a few cramps. I through the pregnancy tests away and of course this was a drop in centre so they don't have any records of this positive.

I'm even more scared now that im bleeding and have cramps i have made an appointment to go in tomorrow morning first thing but what if they tell me im not pregnant any more and im miscarrying.

How do they know im miscarrying and they've never seen the test??? will they just think its a period???? Can they determine somehow or will everything have gone and they wont know or because ive seen it 5 positives and missed my period and bleeding heavy and cramps will they take my word for it or is there something they test for????

And how do they know 100% ive miscarried??? I saw on the news that they told a women she miscarried and she actually hadn't??

I know everything is probably fine but im scared and i like to be prepared for every eventuality if i am miscarrying.

Many thanks
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2010
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. When pregnancy occurs, cessation of menses occurs. However to differentiate this bleeding from a miscarriage, I would suggest you to do a urine for pregnancy test or get your serum HCG levels estimated. The HCG (it is a hormone) levels rise only in pregnancy and its levels are raised even for a few days after a miscarriage. So HCG presence will confirm the status of your pregnancy.

The symptoms that you are having can be due to the hormonal changes which are there whenever there is any irregularity in periods. This should become better with the next menstrual periods ( in the absence of any pregnancy). So get your pregnancy status checked and if the symptoms still persist then please consult your gynecologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Miscarriage and Stillbirth , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.