User Profile
hello ma'am..i'm a student..and my x-ray findings is "irregular hazed infiltrates in the left upper lung", so according to the radiologist i have minimal PTB..i want to cry when i've read the result what should i do?? please help..i'm 19 yrs old..shelane is my name..wait for your reply..

thank you very much and more power.

pls reply on my fcaebook as message inbox pls.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper verilyn
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2010
Tuberculosis Answer A12251
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Irregular hazy infiltrates, positive tuberculin skin test and high ESR along with a positive CT scan of chest should all be done to confirm tuberculosis. This should be clinically correlated to low grade fever and persistent cough. If all these parameters match then it could be tuberculosis.

Even if it is, do not worry much. Within a week of starting medicines you will be fine and not contagious any more. Also after complete treatment you will be free of disease. However first get a confirmed diagnosis. Please discuss with your doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.