Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Milky white urine

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
I have this for a while. Towards the end, urine looks pretty condensed, and white. I could see the end part being mixed and making the waters 'cloudy". Also, even if I "milk" my penis, I get a 'tingly' sensation right after I pee. And this happens in the afternoon peeing, not morning or nite.
I have diabetes in my family. My diagnosis last year was 'inconclusive'. Any word or advice appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2010
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A11278
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the cause of the symptoms that you experience.

Urinary tract infections are characterized with a frequent need to urinate, itching or a discomfort in the genital area, changes in the appearance of the urine (milky or cloudy urine), pain in the lower abdomen or pain in the back (the flanks), etc. Diabetes melitus is one of the conditions that contribute to the appearance of the urinary tract infections. The glucose that is released with the urine is a perfect condition for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.

According to the data that you described, it seems likely that you may be experiencing a urinary tract infection or a kind of sexually transmitted disease. You may consider having a bacterial culture from a urine sample with an antibiogram to rule out urinary tract infection. You also may need to have a blood test to measure the level of the glucose in your blood to rule out possible diabetes melitus.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.