User Profile
I'm a 20 years old male. I've had a mild pain in the middle chest bone for about 3 months. Sometimes i would hear a cracking sound when i move. The pain only occurs when i twist my body to a certain position and especially if i wake up from sleep. i also feel similar pain on top of my foot, between the "navicular" and "head of the metatarsal" after i wake up from sleep and it can be very intense. Im dont smoke at all, ever.
I went to a doctor and he said said my lung is clear and my heart is fine and he also said that it is probably caused by inflammtion, so i didnt need an x-ray. He gave me an anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent (voren plus gel) and ultracet and told me the pain will go away soon. But i'm still having the pain even after taking the medication, though the pain stopped while i was taking them. I don't have any other syptoms.
Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2010
Chest Pain Answer A9857
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Pain in the chest bone at certain angles and joints of foot can be due to arthritis—reactive, osteo or rheumatoid. Hence you were responding to anti-inflammatory drugs. An X-ray should be taken. Along with this anti-inflammatory, hot fomentation of the area should be tried.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your PCP and get a referral for an orthopedic specialist. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.