Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Mild fever and cough after paid sex

User Profile
Hi,

I'm a 24 year old male. I enganged in sexual intercourse with someone i paid. We enganged in safe sex, but after i took of the condom and masturbated touching the outside of her vagina with my penis.

2 weeks later, I had a mild fever and cough. The fever lasted for 5 days. On the 2 day of the fever, i was scrolling facebook and saw a HIV ad. Afterwoods i began panicking thinking ive done something terrible to my life. BUT... I got a white tongue, peeling on fingers, night sweats, reduced appitite but was still eating.

no dirrahea just loose stools. Sight weight loss. No mouth ulcers no sore throat,

Now possibly starting a rash, looks like acne on back. 6 weeks from exposure.

Still have loose stools and suffered slight brain fog. In saying that I've been non stop worrying and had moments of crying too myself. Everyday I spent looking at the internet and worrying. Had symptoms of depression too.

Please help, I saw frottage was reduced risk, but im not sure if mine classif

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2018
HIV and AIDS Answer A63057
Welcome to e health forum.

Risk of acquring HIV are as follows:
A. Female-to-male transmission is 0.04% per act and
B. Male-to-female transmission is 0.08% per act.
C. The rate for receptive anal intercourse is much higher, 1.7% per act

The infectivity of a HIV positive person depends on the HIV load detected in the infected person. If the viral load of a person is higher than 3500 copies/ ml, then the risk of getting infected would be higher.

If you have been sexually active with a woman whom you know well, and is not sexually promiscuous, then it is likely that she is free from STDs.

In case both you and your sexual partner have never had any STDs previously, and you are in a monogamous relationship, then there is no need to worry about STDs including HIV.

If you cannot confirm the status of your partner, then it would be recommended to consult a STD clinic and get appropriate tests.

The window period / Incubation period for specific STDs are as follows: -

1. Gonorrhea - usually 2 to 7 days after the exposure.

2. Chlamydia - usually 2 to 6 weeks, but can be longer.

3. Syphilis - usually 10 to 90 days.

4. HIV - usually 4 weeks to 3 months, but rarely could be up to 6 months.

5. Hepatitis A - 15 to 50 days.

6. Hepatitis B - usually 45-180 days, with an average of 60 to 90 days.

7. Hepatitis C - ranges from 2 weeks to 26 weeks or 6 months - commonly, 6 to 9 weeks.

Testing for specific conditions should be done only after waiting for the above mentioned periods. Testing before them can be done to clear your anxiety, but the results may not be valid, and you may need to retest, at a later date.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.