Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Migraines and visual disturbances

User Profile
(please see ‘Explain current medical condition' for back story / complete question)

I started getting migraines.
I have had continual visual disturbances for about three months now. I have an almost constant low-level headache. The lights are a lot worse in the morning and when I am very tired. I have a very tense neck and am often nauseous. My random nerve sensations and chest pains have returned.
I had a really bad migraine a month ago that woke me up at 2 am and had me vomiting and thinking fondly of passing out.
My left ear started feeling really hot (but only to me) and the heat traveled down my neck.
I have an appointment with a neurologist – but that is months away, and my lights, nausea and headaches seem to be getting worse.
I am getting on a plane in two weeks and I am nervous.
Should I be worried about flying?

I am scared and I don’t really know what to do.
If I have a tumor then time matters.

What do you think I should do?
sit in the ER and hope they give me a CT scan?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2010
Brain Cancer Answer A11961
Thanks for using this forum...

The symptoms appear to be of migraine but severe headaches always merit a quick CAT scan to rule out other possibilities.If your headaches and sensory feelings are increasing you should go to er and get a cat scan as these things get worse with anxiety...
take care...

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.