User Profile
I have been having very bad headaches that put my into an almost coma state. I feel as though my eyes are sinking into my head and my brain just hurts. I recently went to the doctor to find out what it could possibly be and they looked in my ear and gave me ear drops, yet I have no ear infection and no bateria in my ear. Could I be having worse migrains because of the ear drops? Could my migrains be linked to a possible brain aneurysm?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2009
Headache and Migraines Answer A7967
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum

It is very difficult to diagnose the cause of your headache on net. However there are various possibilities that you can look into.

The symptoms that you have enumerated point towards spinal nerve compression at the cervical vertebral level. Sleeping in wrong posture, overuse of computers, neck sprain as in a jerk or car accident can all cause stiff neck.

High blood pressure is another possibility. Refractive errors and eye strain also cause headaches. Poor sleep pattern is another cause. Stress and tension can cause tension headaches.

Well, migraine, tension headaches, cluster headaches etc should all be looked into. However there are two other possibilities that you should explore.
One is dental ache as in an exposed root canal. This causes shooting unbearable pain radiating to head, neck, shoulder, ear, everywhere in the head and neck region I would say.A visit to your dentist is a must and should be the first step.

The second possibility is an internal ear pain. Again it is the same as dental pain. This appears to be ruled out in your case. However it would be good to seek another opinion.

The third possibility is brain tumor. You would need to consult a neurologist. However I think it is unlikely as you do not have any other neurological symptom. But you never know. Some tumors present first with a headache only.

The clue to right treatment is right diagnosis of the headache. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.