Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Migraines after a fall down the stairs

Hi all.
I'm a 23 year old female. On Tuesday the 23rd, I fell down about a half of flight of stairs while holding a 3 year old. The 3 year old was completely unharmed, but I landed directly on my tailbone and back while holding her. I DID NOT hit my head at all. The pain at that moment was blinding. After a few minutes, I was able to get up but definitely felt sore and I couldn't bend down as I got a sharp pain in my tail bone area.
Wednesday morning (2/24) comes, and I seem to have a headache. No big deal. By the afternoon, this headache turns into a migraine that will not go away with ANY medication. The ONLY thing that relieved this was laying on my stomach. This made it almost completely go away. By night, it improved. Thursday morning: (2/25) same thing happens again. Morning is fine, afternoon gets severe, but this time nausea and vomitting were present. I decided to go to the ER to rule out any concussions or bleeding of the brain. They performed a CT scan, all was normal. Blood work, urine sample, all normal. I am scheduled to see my doc on Monday, but this migraine is STILL here. (2/27) the same situation. Morning isn't bad, afternoon is severe, by night it improves. No nausea or vomitting anymore probably because I have been laying on my stomach for almost 2 days straight as that is the only way I can feel any kind of relief.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be???

Thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 27th, 2016
To add on,

Nothing on my body hurts besides bending down which creates a sharp pain near my tail bone area. No neck or back pain.
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. It should be evaluated for low CSF headache, migraine, tension headache etc. Consult a neurologist and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.