Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Migraine symptoms and their therapeutic treatment

User Profile
Hi

I have question to my Headache pain, normaly is only in morning time when I wake up or latter during the day when I get tired, the pain is located on top of my head and it feels like presure pumping, "sort of like when you hart beat, create sort of presure" thats kind of pain that do get, sarting to worry me this as it gets to regular is like on everyday.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2010
Headache and Migraines Answer A8907

The symptoms you reported (headache on the top of the head, like pumping which appears early when awaking or when tired in the day), might be related to migraine.

A migraine is considered to be a neurological syndrome which is characterized with a severe headache that might be accompanied with nausea, vomiting, photophobia, phonophobia and altered perceptions.

The problem with the migraine is that the exact cause is not established yet. There are many hypotheses, but none of them are completely examined. Good news is that in certain people the onset of the migraine attack might be accompanied with certain signs and symptoms that create the aura. Those signs might include: flashes of white/ black or multicolored light, blurred or cloudy vision, feeling of pins and needles in the hands and arms, etc.

The therapy most often includes pain killers and antiemetics (medications to prevent or stop nausea and vomiting).

You might want to visit your family doctor to exclude high blood pressure which is also a well know cause for severe headaches and might be an alarm for more serious conditions. You might be referred to a neurologist for treatment options of the migraine.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.