User Profile
Just a little background....I have always had bad migranes since i was a kid, maybe like 9 or 10. I usually have 2-3 a week so I have kind of learned to deal with them and I hardly ever notcie them anymore. I was on a trial medication for my headaches for a year, depakote. That didn't help them at all.

Yesterday I started to get a really bad headache and took some excedrin when it first started. I was also feeling very nauseous, expecially when i smelled the pickle my rommate was eating. Then i threw up bcause of the smell. I thought i would feel better in the morning because sleep in just about the only thing that helps my headaches, but whne i woke up today, it was worse. I tried to sleep it off again and it didnt work.

Now, anytime i eat I feel very sick to my stomach and want to vomit. I have also had several hot flashes today, which does not usually happen. Iam also feeling very dizzy or about the last hour or so. my head feel like it is spinning.

I normally would og to the doctor but i dont have health insurance. Any suggestions for ways to relieve headache pain would be greatly appreciated. Confused Thank you very much!! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you find this type of headache different than the migraine one, you usually have?
Are you taking Excedrin for the first time?
Are you feeling anxious or weak?
Do you feel intense sleepiness?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
no this migraine is not any different than the rest of them, it is just longer and a lot more intense. I have taken excedrin before when i got headaches.

I am not anxious or weak right now. I only feel intense sleepiness because of the headache, and it is only at night fron it

I still have it today, it is now my 3rd day witht the same headache
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you been experiencing abdominal pain, too?
Do you still have headache?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2008
i still do have a headache and now i am experiencing abdominal pain and (tmi) diarrhea plus i have been very nasueas. The ehadache went away for a couple days but now since i have been sick it has come back again.

thank you for your help i really appreiciate it!
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2008
I wanted to add that my abdonimal pain is all over, but it is much worse below my belly button and it gets worse if I touch that area.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Was the abdominal pain accompanied with sensitivity to light and sound?
For how long did the abdominal pain persist (1-6 hours)?
Have you found yourself irritable?

Also, nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain, can be side effects of using Excedrin (did you take as directed by your doctor), but, I doubt that's the case with you.

Waiting for your post!
Marija
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2008
Thanks for you help Marija!

I donot think it was accompained with the sensitivity. WHen i used to get headaches really bad i was really sensitive to light and sound, so now i hardly notice it because i learned to fight it.

The pain lasted about 8 hours, on and off. it was really bad for about 6 of the hours. it was al overnight, so i could not sleep at all that night. I dont think i was very irritable when all this was going on, but i didnt really do anythin or talk to anyone or anything.

I only took 1 excedrin the whole time, so it is possible that is whatt it is, but i dont think so.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....