Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Microgynon affecting pregnancy test results?

I have been on microgynon for 3 years now. About 6 months ago my periods became lighter and lighter and i have suddenly stopped having periods all together now. I have taken two pregnancy tests and they have both come back as negative, can i be sure that this is correct?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 22nd, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Monkey, The pill does not affect pregnancy test results. It measures a hormone hCG. It occurs in your body when you are pregnant and in some fertility treatments, not in birth control pills.

You should at least see your doctor to make sure something else is not wrong when your bleeding stops. What you got while taking the pill was not menstruation but withdrawal bleeding when you get to the inactive pills without hormones.

Take care!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...