I am 3 days post op, and the muscle weakness in my arm is much worse now than before the operation. What does this mean? My arm felt about 60% before, but now it feels much much heavier and harder to lift and move around, it feels like its full of lead. Is this nerve damage or is this normal after surgery?

Many thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 3rd, 2011
I just had a microdiscectomy L4-L5 just over a week ago and the first few days after, my lower right leg was so numb that I had to use a walker so I wouldn't fall. Now, five days later, the numbness is much better and I'm able to walk normally (althought slowly). Hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....