Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Meth addict left me, He says he doesn't have a problem

Hi. New to this page and really struggling at the moment. Not sure if I'm posting in the right place as the website isn't working to well on my phone! So I will keep it brief for now.
My partner of 12 yrs has developed a meth problem. He says he doesn't have a problem and has left me recently. After walking out on Xmas day and not coming for days.
We have a 5yr old 2yr old and a 5mth old.
He says the problems are between us and that he is fine and doesn't have a problem. I don't agree with his take on things.
He says the feelings have gone. I think his feelings are numbed from the drug use.
I think he has found someone else. Someone he can share in this lifestyle with but I don't know.
What do I do?
Leave him alone? He says he doesn't have a problem but how can he not if he leaves on Xmas day and doesn't come back. He was hardly seeing the kids previous to this as he was never home.
Does he really just not love me anymore? We have has our problems. But up until the last 6mths or so he has always adored me and his kids.
How do I make him see what he's throwing away?
Thanks for reading my post. I hope someone has a magic wand for me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2016
He started a business an year ago so ever since has had money available to him. It's since then that things had gone downhill.
The books are a mess and it's all mounding up on top of him. There are a lot of other factors and problems which have arisen since The drug use escalated.
The problems are not all with us but he seems to think I'm the problem. I'm far from perfect but I don't deserve this kind of treatment. My kids are hurting as well.

I'm trying my hardest not to txt or anything. But up until a week ago he was still telling me how much he loves me. How can he just stop?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2016
Hi Rachskye,

I can say I am a functional meth user. But as time passed by, I realized I have a problem. I am now tapering my use and taking some meds for some which I think are withdrawal symptoms.

I would suggest you need to talk personally on what you want both to happen between you and the kids. I'm still single but you know, it's hard to have a broken family because of such drugs.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....