I get pain quite a lot in my big toes. It started when I wore some tight shoes a few months ago (I wear orthotics on both feet); when I took them off it felt like my right toe was broken, and I spent ages thinking it WAS broken, before an x-ray confirmed that it was fine. Then a doctor told me I had metatarsalgia. However I'm a bit confused by this because I read that this normally occurs in the metatarsals of the other toes. Also it usually occurs in middle-aged women - I'm an 18-year-old girl! The toes are usually fine when I wear trainers, it's when I try to wear other shoes, like Converse, which used to be completely fine, that I get a painful clicking sensation. I wear ball-of-foot cushions and this seems to help. Should I see a doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2008
Doctor
Why did you wear orthotics on both feet?
Have you ever injured your feet?
|

replied July 3rd, 2008
Kind of - I used to go running but when I bought new trainers I started getting foot pain, and I saw a few doctors who eventually fitted some orthotics for me. (I don't run anymore.) I wear them all the time and find that they've been really helpful, but they are quite bulky and annoying!
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2008
Doctor
You need to consult some orthopedist that will check if you have some feet deformities like flat foot or maybe some soft tissue injuries (ligament distortion, muscle or tendon extension etc.). Stress-march fracture was also possible but X-ray image excluded it.
|
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....