Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

mentioned something about a spermicidal condom...

Ok my friend has been calling me up and freaking out, and im trying to find her an answer to calm her down. Her and her bf had sex and the condom broke. She said he wasnt close to busting and she gave him head before hand so he wasnt dripping. She mentioned something about a spermicidal condom she had used. And as soon as it broke he pulled out. Is there any chance she could be pregnant? It seems slim but i need to reassure her, i cant take the phone calls. SOS Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2011
Community Volunteer
The chances are very small. It also depends on where in her menstrual cycle she is.

It is normally a good idea to take emergency contraceptives like Plan B after something like this happens, just to make sure you remove as much risk as possible.
|

replied July 12th, 2011
Thanks so much! This helped, when you said where she is in her menstrual cycle, what time would be the worst?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2011
Community Volunteer
3 days before ovulation, ovulation day and the day after. On a typical 28 day average cycle, this is day 11, 12, ,13, 14 and 15.

The 10 days before her period is due and during her period she is very unlikely to be fertile, unless there is something wrong with her cycle.

Since he did not ejaculate inside her, the spermicide should have killed any sperm that might have been present. Even though only one sperm will fertilize an egg, about 2 ml of semen with 40 million healthy sperm is needed to deliver the one healthy sperm to the egg.her chances are thus very very very small.
|

replied July 13th, 2011
You have no idea how much help youve been! Thank you so much, i told her and she is so relieved. (:
|

replied July 13th, 2011
help me plz
kristigraham wrote:
3 days before ovulation, ovulation day and the day after. On a typical 28 day average cycle, this is day 11, 12, ,13, 14 and 15.

The 10 days before her period is due and during her period she is very unlikely to be fertile, unless there is something wrong with her cycle.

Since he did not ejaculate inside her, the spermicide should have killed any sperm that might have been present. Even though only one sperm will fertilize an egg, about 2 ml of semen with 40 million healthy sperm is needed to deliver the one healthy sperm to the egg.her chances are thus very very very small.
Mad
|

replied July 13th, 2011
i need help i had sex with my bf like march 6. an the 10 we broke up and i went n had sex with an old friend on march 18 found out i was preggo march 31 who is most likly the dad
|

replied July 14th, 2011
Experienced User
Depends on how far along you are and when your last period was. Doctors calculate it by the first day of your last period as week one (weird I know...)
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...