Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

mental issues, depression, bipolar?? what is wrong with me??

I am 21 and I have noticed a few things and I really need to find out what is going oon with me because I feel like I am going crazy and freaking out... I get really mad or annoyed at stupid things that ppl do at work and I call them stupid. I cry all the time and feel bad for being mean and my moods just randomly change.. I go from being happy to sad to mad all withing an hour... Its crazy and I cant control it.. then when I notice I cry more bc I dont know how to control my feelings or know why this happens... sometimes I am fine and laugh all day but if someone doesnt do something right or says something wrong it could possibly put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.. lately I have been a lot quieter bc I am trying to figure out whats going on and I am trying to avoid everyone bc I feel like if I tell someone all of this they will think I am crazy Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi amitchell9189 and welcome to ehealth: I think your stressed out...Moods can change for many reasons...Yelling at people at working should not happen...Control yourself and count to ten...My best advice is to see your doctor...Tell him/her your problem and they will probably give you some medication to calm you down...

Life in the fast lane can be scary....We all go and have gone where you are...My best to you...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied March 12th, 2013
I went to the Dr awhile ago because I cry a lot and have these little mood swing things and she didnt tell me anything about what the problem might be she just gave a a zoloft prescription and told me to come back in 3 months to see how it worked.. that was almost a year ago. I thought it was working ok until this past friday at work I was fine then out of no where I had a huge attitude and felt mad for no reason... when I realized that I was being rude and didnt know why I felt mad i started crying bc I didnt know what was wrong.. I talked to a friend and she said she used to do the same thing or would get mad about stupid stuff. she told me to go back to the dr and get the medication changed.. the problem is that if I try to talk about it I just cry.. I am not a good communicator.. I can only write and I dont think I can just go give the dr a letter because she will have questions and I will just be able to shake my head yes or no bc I will be crying. Sad If I can just remember to take a few seconds to just calm down. I dont really feel stressed out.. I just feel annoyed.
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi again: Age alone brings on a lot of stress...You have to ask yourself if your happy?...Is there something missing in your life that you want?...Do you need to find more of an outlet for your emotions?...Sometimes I think the easiest thing to do is to sit down and write to yourself, what is bothering you...Try and figure out if talking with someone knowledgeable in what you are speaking about could help?....

Try to learn to be a good communicator...Push that part of the inner person who holds back forward....Give places that you used to keep hidden...If nothing else join a group to help you grow in the problems in life that you face and fear....

Honey, life is learning...One day at a time...Only get some help to help you pinpoint the stress problem that sets you off and go forward...Take care....

Caroline...
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....