Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Menstruation and constipation

I have been battling chronic constipation since I was a young, young child. I have small bowel movements once-twice weekly. The only time that I ever have full, easy, and consistent bowel movements is when I'm on my period. I have taken fiber supplements, watch what I eat, and am pretty active. I'm almost relieved when I get on my period so that I can finally have a normal bowel movement. Could my constipation be associated with a hormonal imbalance?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
Menstration eases my constipation too
I am disappointed no one has replied to you. I can completely relate. One theory is that the uterine cramping helps make up for my limited intestinal peristalsis; but really, I have no idea. I have tried loads of things too, including diet regulation. One thing I can recommend is Caricol. It's gentle but effective. The only catch is that you have to take it regularly, often several times a day. I struggle with that part. Hopefully you won't.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...