I'm having my period & had a clot to plop out. I am taking levothyroxin for my thyroid & it has been affecting my cycles. I'm 268 lbs & prediabetic. I have had some mild pain but last period last month was more painful. My cycles were somewhat regular but now their not. One like every two weeks with heavy bleeding. Is this of concern? I know its not a miscarriage . The last time I was active was august 2012. I would like to know what caused this big clot?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 22nd, 2013
Clots are not abnormal in periods, particularly if you use tampons. However, most "clots" are not actually blood clots at all in the sense that blood has congealed or coagulated in to a clot, it's actually just a piece of the lining of the uterus that didn't break down 100%. There's really nothing you should be worried about unless you're having numerous ones, (and I mean A LOT) or they are very large in size (bigger than a silver dollar)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...