i usually have a period that last 4-5 days mid-flow on all with light cramping...this period is on time the first day was extremely light and by midday on day 2 it was almost nonexistent now(day 3)its light spotting with severe cramps in my lower back and under my left rib cage...what could be the cause is this normal
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2014
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Sometimes periods can be irregular. High level of stress, cholesterol, hormonal imbalance, chain smoking, dramatic changes in your life style may be some of the common causes of your irregular periods.

If this was the first episode of irregularity in the periods, then wait for the coming cycle and try lifestyle modification by reducing stress and decreasing cholesterol levels. But if the repeat happens, then you should consult a gynecologist and get yourself thoroughly examined to diagnose the cause of irregular periods and start with the treatment.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.