Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Mens Conditions Question

User Profile
I have been diagnosed at 23 with pernicious anemia and I'm not sure what I can do to help this issue? I have been struggling with fatigue significantly and am currently on a diet where I don't eat any meat. However, for some reason, my energy appears to improve after I eat meat and I'm not sure why. My psychiatrist said meat and dairy aren't good food options, yet I don't know what to do since meat is the only thing that helps the anemia I have. I don't know what to do to help.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2018
Mens Conditions Answer A64377
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
In case of pernicious anemia you have to take vitamin B12 life long via intramuscular route.Meat will rather help in the management.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.