Hi,
few weeks ago I torn the meniscus and that coused a bucket handle tear.
I'm now waiting for the surgery which it suppose to be in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Meanwhile my quadricep is disappearing so my question is; while I wait for surgery can I train the leg or this will make things worst?
If yes, what kind of exercise I should do? and last, I’m trying to walk without crutches a couple of times a day, is that ok?

I hear saying that in that area there is not much blood pressure but honestly I don't know what that means in this case. Basically I just would like to know if it’s ok to move it or if it’s better to keep it completely still until surgery.

I’m use to be very active every day until before this happened.. like play tennis, climb and swim. It’s not being easy to cope with this and I really need more information about it.

Thank you very much,

Danny
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....