Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Memory loss and forgetfulness

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
Hello, I am the daughter of a 84 year old male that is experiencing memory loss... We have been to see a neuro and he stated my father didn't have AD... but he didn't know what was wrong... just has some memory loss...the other useful information was he has had a stroke that we were unaware of... Is there anyone one out there that may have some input on this condidtion... My father isn't getting lost, he repeats himself often and gets confused on where he puts things, the date or day of the week it is... but he does get anxious at times when he can't find someone or something he has misplaced.. tends to blame others for his forgetfulness...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Your father may have dementia. This is common is the elderly population. Dementia has many causes. There are medications to help with the dementia. If the neurologist is offering no assistance with this go to another one. A second opinion is always helpful. Another neurologist may offer some treatment options for your father. Your father is may have suffered memory loss due to the stroke. This is common to occur as a result of the stroke. A work up should be done to try to find out why your father had a stroke. An ekg with a cardiologist will tell the doctor if your dad has a dysrhythmia that caused a clot to travel from the heart to the brain which would lead to a stroke. This is treated with medication. A blood test can be done by the neurologist to check if there is a deficiency in protein S and protein C which causes clotting of the blood and could lead to a stroke. Again, this can be treated with medication. My point here is that your dad need a work up to see if further strokes can be prevented. I don't know what the neurologist has done or not done for your dad. I gave you a few ideas of tests that are commonly done to assess risk for further strokes. If none of this has been done, consider another doctor. Hope this is helpful.
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Mental State
My mother-in-law, age 84, recently had a heart attack. The day after, a stint was inserted in one artery. The doctor said thery had to give her a signifcant amount of drugs to calm her enough for the procedure. Before the heart attack she was of clear mind and had no trouble at all with her speech. Now she can not talk except to mumble and is not able to think clearly or even acknowledge those around her. The doctors have tested and say she did not have a stroke. What could be causing this condition?Ãspam 
|

replied April 1st, 2018
Experienced User
Many people worry about becoming forgetful. They think forgetfulness is the first sign of Alzheimer's disease. But not all people with memory problems have Alzheimer's. ... Other causes for memory problems can include aging, medical conditions, emotional problems, mild cognitive impairment, or another type of dementia. Herbal supplement is also best.
|

replied July 10th, 2018
Memory loss and forgetfulness are the indications of poor brain health. Before it turns disastrous, show some concern and make some necessary lifestyle changes to provide stability to the mind. You can also induce a natural brain booster supplement to the regular routine for added benefits. IQ 180 Cognitive is one of the many available.
|

replied July 20th, 2018
There are chances that he may be suffering from lack of hormones in the body that is responsible for intelligence. For this, there are many natural brain boosters such as IntelXR Cognitive Booster and many more are available that has actually helped with similar issues,
|

replied July 30th, 2018
Stress is nowadays very common among people because they do not take time out from there busy schedules. This results in depression. But you can reduce these mental problems by consuming a natural brain booster. These brain boosters influence your mood patterns to make your mind relax more. You can know about one such brain booster i.e. CortyX Clarity which is a nootropic supplement to boost brain power.
|
Quick Reply