Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Meningitis Forum

Memory and vocabulary loss from Meningitis

I had meningitis May of 2007, since then I've noticed I suffer memory loss short term and long term memory. My past memories prior to and after this disease. An example - I recently asked my best friend from college why I wasn't invited to her wedding, And she informed me I was a bridesmaid in her wedding in 2003. I have no memory of this occasion at all. Lots more memory loss just like that example. Hunks of time just gone. And I often cannot find the correct word in my vocabulary causing me to lose my train of thought making me feel embarrassed. On a good note, meningitis stopped my compulsive habits like gambling, drinking and smoking. Should I go have an MRI or what should I do? glance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 1st, 2018
Experienced User
Memory and vocabulary loss from Meningitis . I had meningitis May of 2007, since then I've noticed I suffer memory loss short term and long term memory. My past memories prior to and after this disease. I used herbal supplement.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Meningitis
Quick Reply
Must Read
Meningitis is contagious and can be life threatening. Get the basic facts on meningitis here....
What are the different types of meningitis and who do they affect? We answer this here....
Early signs and symptoms of meningitis can mimic the flu. Can you identify meningitis symptoms and know when to seek medical help?...